Hoi An – Village and Architecture
2 Days – Hoi An – Village and Architecture Highlight
Departures: Daily private tours leave at 8:00 am
Duration: 8 to 9 hours
Please note: The tour program is flexible. Your guide will be more than happy to adjust the tour itinerary to suit you. You can skip one site or add another if you so wish.
For best price please contact us at [email protected] or below:-
Day 1: Hoi An – Tam Thanh Mural Village & My Son Hollyland
Meal provided: No meal
This morning, pick up and enjoy almost 1 hour of driving from Hoi An center to Tam Thanh mural village – the painted village.
Along the way, we will pay a visit to the Vietnamese Heroic Mother Statue.
Coming to the village, you are wandering the little streets taking photographs of the graffiti and works of art that portray real life as well as imaginary scenes.
After that, get into the private car and heading to My Son Sanctuary, a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu Temples constructed between the 4th and the 14th century AD by the kings of Champa (Chiem Thanh in Vietnamese).The temples are dedicated to the worship of the god Shiva, known under various local names, the most important of which is "Bhadresvara". From the 4th to the 14th century AD, the valley at My Son was a site of religious ceremony for kings of the ruling dynasties of Champa, as well as a burial place for Cham royalty and national heroes. It was closely associated with the nearby Cham cities of Indrapura (Dong Duong) and Shimamura (Tra Kieu). At one time, the site encompassed over 70 temples as well as numerous stele bearing historically important inscriptions in Sanskrit and Cham. The My Son temple complex is regarded one of the foremost Hindu temple complexes in Southeast Asia and is the foremost heritage site of this nature in Vietnam. It is often compared with other historical temple complexes in Southeast Asia, such as Borobudur of Java in Indonesia, Angkor Wat of Cambodia, Bagan of Myanmar and Ayutthava of Thailand. As of 1999, My Son has been recognized by UNESCO as a world heritage site.
Coming back to Hoi An. Drop off at your hotel.
Day 2: Hoi An – Silk Village & Marble Mountain
Meal provided: Lunch in Silk Village
Pick up by private car and escort at the Silk Village
Meet your local guide at the village
- Enjoy the welcome drink with mulberry juice before starting the tour
- Visit the Traditional House and discover the history of sericulture, silk unraveling and silk weaving.
- Discover the Cham Culture; see the collection of Cham mulberry trees and the weaving process of Cham People from the 5th century to the mid 15th century.
- Visit traditional Vietnamese mulberry garden. Learn how to get the best mulberry leaves, cut into small pieces and hand-feed the silkworms
- Visit unraveling House: understand how to get silk thread from the cocoon to weave silk fabric. Experience the job with Cham artisans and craftsmen
- Visit Cham textile House: discover the weaving process of Cham People on short and long wooden loom to have the unique handicraft products. The Champa artisan will guide customer how to weave the brocade, how to move the silk thread to have different beautiful patterns.
- Visit Cuu Dien House: discover the pure handicraft silk in the beginning of 20th century which is preserved till now in Quang Nam Province. Feeling the original silk threads from the cocoons and its different after process. Experience silk weaving process to understand how difficult to have pure silk products.
- Visit Hoi An Silk Village exhibition: understand the difference between pure silk and fake silk fabric. The variety silk products here will provide for your shopping and tailoring demand
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at Silk Village Restaurant after an interesting silk tour.
After that, heading to Marble Mountain, a cluster of five marble and limestone hills located in Ngu Hanh Son ward, south of Danang city in Vietnam. The five 'mountains' are named after the five elements; Kim (metal), Thuy (water), Moc (wood), Hoa (fire) and Tho (earth). All of the mountains have cave entrances and numerous tunnels, and it is possible to climb to the summit of one of the peaks. Several Buddhist sanctuaries can also be found within the mountains, making this a famous tourist destination.
Drop off at your hotel.
+ Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
+ Meals as mentioned in program
+ Travel by private, air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced, safe driver
+ Private English speaking guide with legal license
+ 01 bottle of mineral water/ pax/ day and souvenir
+ All taxes and service charge
- Bank fees for both sides (Prefer cash on arrival)
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping)
- Tipping for guide, driver
- Drinks and other meals which are not indicated in the program
- Travel insurance
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, flood), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc…
- Other services which are not mentioned clearly in the “Including” item